Tuesday, June 18, 2019

For Richard who was crazy about Lego

I do love "street art"....in this case "bridge art".

The Lego-Brücke (English: Lego Bridge) is a concrete beam bridge which crosses over the Schwesterstraße in the North Rhine-Westphalian city of Wuppertal, Germany. In 2011, graffiti and street artist Martin Heuwold repainted the bridge in the style of Lego bricks, receiving national and international media attention for his work. The work was awarded the Deutscher Fassadenpreis Advancement Prize in 2012.[1]



And I had a lovely time with Maureen at the University Golf Club for lunch. I had my usual soup and half sandwich for $11...what a deal!  The clam chowder was the best ever with lots of clams and the my usual shrimp on toasted sourdough.

Lots of fun hearing about the West End and of course, Maureen has already been swimming in the ocean. We'll have to get in soon ourselves.