Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Abstract painting

Well, now that the dust has somewhat settled with our sale of Palm Springs and sorting things out not least of which was finding appropriate places for the paintings I brought back that I did in PS.
Interesting that I placed these two Alexander Calder "channelling" with this sailboat painting I did in 
Carqueiranne many years ago. The "Calders" almost seem like an abstract of the sailboats....perhaps why I did it like that...the Calders that is although I didn't think of it at the time.



I do love my San Jacinto mountains abstract and also the cacti beside it. The mountains on the right are the Alpes-Maritimes (mountains in the south of France) and these are a bit abstract too although I wasn't trying to do that at the time. The paintings on the right are ones I did after visiting Kerry and Roger in Edmonton...sort of abstract too in a way although perhaps more my naive style.


So, what to do now? Perhaps a combination of abstract and naive.

Stay tuned...