Tuesday, September 04, 2018

Latest update

I just picked up this email from Richard. I'm glad their trip will be salvaged but I guess I'll still be worrying.

Jim and I both remembered the Christmas storm incident and immediately thought of that when we heard about their plane having to turn around. That was quite the saga getting to Vancouver as we had to go through the whole ferry thing again the next day. Those were the times of no reservations and long waits since it was Christmas and lots of people couldn't get over the day before. Ah...ferries. Wonderful not to be a prisoner of those these days!

From Richard

Yeah, the Osaka airport was total chaos and who knows when it will be up and running again. I just wish they had landed us in Tokyo instead of turning the plane around. That reminded me of the time you let me open a ln Xmas present early because the ferry had to turn around in a storm. Remember that?

Anyway, Air Canada was able to book us a new ticket to Tokyo today and we were able to get a full refund on our Osaka hotel and book another hotel in Tokyo. So our vacation has been salvaged! The new flight number is AC3 and it leaves at 1:50 PM. A brand new 787, so things are looking up!

Love, 

Richard