Wednesday, September 05, 2018

Itty Bitty Book Review: "Little Fires Everywhere"

"Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng


Well, she does it again even more so. I am so impressed with this writer. I was wondering how she was going to end it and the ending was brilliant. There is suspense and mystery in this one too but mainly issues that are ambiguous, no right answers and in the end everyone is given value without sentimentality. Now, I would say that's quite a feat to pull off!

One of the main characters is a photographer and her process is quite fascinating. So, it's about what is art as well. And the incredible pull of motherhood. I see it's going to be a mini series. I don't see how a dramatization can live up to the book but we'll see.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Little_Fires_Everywhere_(miniseries)