Friday, September 17, 2021

Mushroom soup at The University Golf Club

Yesterday we had the soup and half sandwich special. I always get the shrimp and usually their clam chowder but their soup special was mushroom and they make an amazing mushroom soup. Even better than I remember it.

Well, the first time we've done the vaccine card and id. They still were accepting the card you got when you were vaccinated but wanted the other if you had it. We figured it was a good opportunity to try out our paper copies. Worked just great. One of the servers put it on my phone so I have that as a backup. I guess we'll get it on Jim's phone but he doesn't tend to take his phone so a paper copy is really better. I was glad to hear some fellow coming in saying he had it on his phone but he didn't usually have his phone with him.

There was almost nobody in the restaurant and the staff were surprised. I guess people will be dining out less.