Sunday, September 12, 2021

20th Anniversary of Sept 11 yesterday

 One of those days you definitely remember just like the Cuban Missile Crisis.  I thought I would post about it after the day and having read and viewed what was presented.

Euronews had an interesting article on how technology has changed since then. Most people learned of it by a phone call or a face to face interaction. Guess that term wasn't around then. The article makes the point that at least there wasn't a lot of misinformation since the traditional media like newspapers and TV news channels were doing the reporting. I think someone could write a good novel, play, or film script on this topic.

We were quietly enjoying our newspaper when a friend phoned to tell us to turn on the TV. Like everyone we were glued to it for days.

https://www.euronews.com/next/2021/09/11/from-social-media-to-dna-testing-how-has-tech-changed-in-the-20-years-since-9-11?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=en&utm_content=from-social-media-to-dna-testing-how-has-tech-changed-in-the-20-years-since-9-11&_ope=eyJndWlkIjoiZjEzZWRhNDI3ZjFhNmE4YWExMDVkYzliMmY0NzZjODYifQ%3D%3D

I was wondering what I posted 10 years ago on my blog. NYC really is just an amazing place.  I didn't have my blog on Sept 11, 2001 but soon after.

https://janicesextonart.blogspot.com/2011/09/new-york-911.html