Sunday, September 26, 2021

Another blast from the past

 I almsot forgot how much I disliked Save-on Foods initially. Well, Thrifty's was pretty hard to beat. I guess I usually went to the local Safeway which went out of business. I went to IGA after that mainly but then got used to Save-On.

SATURDAY, DECEMBER 29, 2018

I survived Save-On Foods!

Well, it actually wasn't that bad and surprisingly not busy.  Now that all the revnovations are finished it's a much more pleasant experience. Would you believe that two cashiers had no one so I got through right away. This is a first for me ever, anywhere. It may even qualify for the Guinness Book of World Records:) 

So, no kids screaming, running around, riding scooters...this is the usual weekend experience especially if you go later in the day. I'm trying to avoid that although it meant I didn't get my swim in yet. That will come soon.

It was a very rainy morning but rather cosy reading our newspaper (yes, it did arrive). And now I'm looking at blue sky and I think the sun will even come out. It's much better now than in the photo.

The sun is coming out...all's right with the world. John and Carol are going to their place on Saltspring Island today so it will be nice for them to have some decent weather on arrival. Saltspring got really hit with the winds but their neighbours had a look round and things seem to be ok. Fingers crossed.

I had lots more bags than these. I felt sorry for the poor person behind me.