Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Stealing from the blog of Susan K.

 I'm glad to see Susan going back to these wonderful flowers and the idea of getting some simple strokes on paper to get the creative juices going just might work for me. I seem to have got totally out of doing any artwork...sigh.



I'm looking forward to the next session of Fabulous Flat Brush Flowers next week so I painted a bouquet of posies in my journal.  I'm happy to say that after some warm-up strokes I found I had enough muscle memory to pick up where I left off a month ago.

Violet, the instructor of the courses, starts each class with a page of  warm-up exercises, and I may have finally learned how important this is.  It isn't something that comes naturally to me, but I find when I don't know what to paint that making some simple strokes also gets the creative juices flowing!