Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Some old haunts yesterday afternoon

We went to Dollartree mainly to get tomato juice.  They had a bunch of Easter stuff so I bought some jellybeans which Jim scarfed down in no time flat.  I didn't realize he was so fond of jellybeans...I did get a few.  

Dollartree is in a new location and next door we noticed a store called Burlington's so we checked it out.  It's got quite a lot of interesting stuff and seems to be a bit like TJ Max in terms of good brands at reduced prices.

I was attracted to this sunflower print dress but the size is a long ways from what would fit me.




I liked their selection of things for the wall.




I would have loved these chairs as a kid!



 I was going to go to Michel's to get a sketchbook.  Yes,  really,  Susan,  I don't even have one down here.  I think I only have one at home.  Of course I couldn't resist this one with the Eiffel Tower.  A pretty good buy at $6 (regular price $14).  8 1/2 by 11, 186 perforated acid free pages.


And then we hit Cathedral City Library.  We bought a few books but the best haul was their free table.  We picked up 11 books of interest.  I'm looking forward to reading the Kingsley Amis "James Bond" continuation.