Monday, March 19, 2018

Nicki and Stan come for a late lunch/early dinner

We had such fun yesterday sharing our love of Palm Springs  talking about old times....and being old and aging and keeping our spirits up about all that.  We also had a lot of laughs about many things but it was very funny when we got talking about men and how most men have some colour blindness problem.  Of course Jim is the main candidate and this was confirmed by us all doing one of those tests on the computer.

I have many stories about how Jim thought a car we had for 12 years was brown rather than green,  shoes he thought were green rather than brown and was concerned about where he would find green shoe polish.   This was in the days when mens' shoes were brown or black. Who would buy green shoes!  Jim did learn that his new shorts are actually charcoal grey rather than brown or green like he thought.

Nicki said to do a simple meal so I had frozen Bertoli lasagna, baguette, and salad.  We are usually very pleased with Beroli products and this didn't disappoint.  It was better than Trader Joe's version.


I forgot to take photos.  Now,  I wish someone would remind me but I suppose people are glad of a break from their mugs being splashed across my blog.  I do love having this record of ordinary daily events since in the days of expensive film and developing I realized I took so few and sometimes no photos of everyday things I wish I now had.

Things like Richard's bedtime routine (which he insisted on) that went on for years of Dad giving him "rough treatment" which consisted of throwing him up and down and all around then scaring the life out of him doing his Incredible Hulk imitation (we learned years later that he actually thought he father turned into this monster!) and then my calming him down reading him a story.


I don't have one photo of Richard playing with his lego or any of his wonderful creations which soon got smashed to pieces to be rebuilt into something else.


I bought these daffs at Trader Joe's the day before and they all came out beautifully!