Monday, August 03, 2015

Downtown to McLeod's Books and then lunch at Water Street Café by the steam clock

McLeods is always fun and we love this restaurant.  I found what might be a new author,  Lisa Appignanesi ,  "Paris Requiem" … a thriller.  And Jim got a few novels he was looking for and also a very cool book on Le Corbusier.  Elaine,  this is where we had the calamari and caesar.  Today,  I had crab cakes and Jim had steak-frites washed down with a bottle of Australian Shiraz.  Our server was from Paris and folks beside us and behind us were speaking French.  We got talking to the owner who grew up in Kamloops and was a chef at one point at The Latch in the Victoria area.  We loved that restaurant!

Well,  soon be time for a libation…I think it's a pastis day…on our deck then an ocean swim.

This photo is from the Pride Parade…the big love ball!



Mcleod's Books…some things never change.




First time I noticed the bathroom door open….books everywhere, of course.



My crab cakes with aioli and tomato jam



Jim's steak-frites.   I stole some frites…excellent.