Monday, February 13, 2012

Old memories

The other day we went down to the old Woodward's and Save-On Meats area.  I really admire the fellow that brought the Save-On Meat store back to life and created a diner as well.  He was going to offer food preparation training for local residents who are pretty much down on their luck.   It never was a great area to visit but Woodward's made it somewhat respectable and I made many a shopping trip down there with my friends.  And we always headed into the Army and Navy (will be on another post) especially when they had their shoe sale on.

We were going to eat in the diner but people were lining up so we didn't bother.  It has a rather sterile feel but I'm thrilled it is doing so well.  The meat shop had some interesting things as well as a sign that said "Goat available soon".  I didn't notice it but Jim mentioned it afterwards.

 At least the big W is still around.


 Many a good deal on $1.49 day!
 Always have loved the sign...so glad it was preserved.


 Diner.


 Meat store.
 Meat store.


I had wanted to go down and see what it was all about but parking is expensive and hard to find and the area is rather seedy so I doubt if we'll be back.