Tuesday, January 12, 2010

27 inches of blog in 14 volumes...



I really appreciate it when people take the time to tell me they enjoy my blog and why and many of you do...merci beaucoup!

This is part of an email I received recently and wanted to share it with my readers.

"I read your comment that that your blog seemed to project an ideal life. Of course I realize that your life is no more ideal than anyone else's yet you have the gift of uplifting your readers to see the pleasure in even ordinary events. It's a gift--truly! That's why we follow you. I don't want to be depressed by complaints and criticisms and tedium, I want to rejoice with you in the everyday enjoyment you share with us--your travels, your photos your art and your friends and family. Because you have been such dear friends for nearly 40 years, I love the time I get to spend with you in both real life and the virtual world. I admire how you are able to (effortlessly) come up with things to write about and make them always so interesting. Don't stop! :)"

I have to thank Richard for getting me started on this. After I retired I thought I would write and was very frustrated by not enjoying the process and not producing anything I felt was of any value. Richard was working in the Silicon Valley at the time and told me about this "new way of writing". And, amazingly, it is effortless!

Writing my blog gives me a lot of pleasure and my pleasure is increased tremendously by knowing people enjoy it. It helps me to focus on the positive things that are happening and I think that's good for all of us.