Saturday, July 09, 2016

The two "fixers" make it all right....

It was so wonderful to greet the morning without any boxes in the kitchen,  dining and living room and hall....now,  the Master bedroom where I will be setting up my studio and have my desk is a different matter.  Today's project.  I know it's going to work and have it all figured out.

Well,  we're both pretty happy to actually wake up and draw breath after all the stress this move has caused.  I've made sure Richard knows where the key to the safety deposit box is where the wills are!

Our Internet connection was very weak and sporadic and I couldn't even connect where my desk was.   But the "fixer" arrived from Shaw yesterday.  He explained the "installers" were on a different pay scale and their job was just to get stuff in and in most cases things worked.   His job was to solve the tricky problems which he did with a free upgrade of modem and router and we can also get a "booster" if that doesn't meet expectations.  Things are pretty good so we probably won't need anything else.

Then our second fixer, Richard,  came and got the Apple TV hooked up,  the keyboard that we use for it working (batteries dead...),  did some miracle work so my old iPhone will upload photos automatically even though I have  a mix of old and new and certain software incompatibilities.

He even put in the glass shelves in the small china cabinet since my mind is mush at the moment and I just couldn't figure that out.

Thank you,  Richard!  Well,  he did get some great Olympia pizza and somehow he convinced us that Jim's new fancy iPad Pro would be better in his hands since he could really use it and Jim is still reverting to his old PC laptop and old iPads.  Next weekend,  he will bring Jim another smaller iPad that he feels will be a better "fit" and will have it all loaded with the stuff Jim needs.   Well,  Jim can always change back.  Kind of reminds me of the two iPads I bought (the first created and then the first "mini") which immediately got taken over by Richard or Jim.  I don't use an iPad to this day.  I do love my Air.

Today's project...


Not a box in sight!  I'm really going to look forward to cooking in this kitchen.  So much more cupboard and counter space and a window.  On Beach Ave.,  the kitchen was in a little cubby hole.





And it's great to have some our favourite things out from boxes.







We're pretty happy the way everything fit into the living room...a few adjustments still.





We're really thrilled to have a bigger balcony.