Saturday, July 09, 2016

Living in my beloved home town and Europe at the same time...

I think another reason I am loving being here is that dealing with a smaller living space is like our times living in France.  I've always been quite fascinated how the French (and other Europeans ) manage to live in compact spaces.  In an apartment we rented in Paris for three weeks,  there was a tiny kitchen but it had absolutely everything including a dishwasher and washing machine.  We could stand in the middle of the kitchen and reach every kitchen implement and it was stocked with everything a gourmet cook would want.

And of course being in the West End has a very Europe,  international feel to it.

I didn't manage to organize the Master bedroom today but I did get Jim to organize his clothes and I have storage spaces at the ready to empty the final boxes.  I think we may have room to spare!

And we don't even have any posters or artwork up yet.  I'm going to be really glad I painted those scenes of Vancouver and our views from Beach Avenue!

From Carol today:

Your blog photos of your new home give a good sense of what it's like. It seems very homey, the kind of place I would feel very comfortable. You have done such a nice job of combining your artist/European touches with that homey atmosphere that it seems very much yours.