Saturday, July 09, 2016

Jim cooked our first steak dinner in our new place...fabulous as usual

I was going to go to Inspiration to get some end tables but then I thought of stacking up some books...perfect and no cost!  I teased Jim by saying I had found the perfect end table....only one thousand dollars.  Well,  he didn't actually protest because it's been quite a stress doing all this particularly for me.

We are now finishing our meal with a dram of Calvados...apple brandy from France,  with these wonderful glasses just for that purpose that our dear friend,  Elaine,  gave us.  There is a little apple in the middle.  And the tray is from her as well.  Knowing our love for Provence,  she had to get this for us, of course!






And my wonderful birthday present from Elaine...so perfect!



Our view at the moment...cheers!