Sunday, February 19, 2012

Fred Herzog Exhibition

We went to this exhibition yesterday and I loved it.  And of course had to buy one of his books.  This one is signed and includes most of the exhibit and other photographs as well.  It was in a very interesting space...Equinox Gallery Project Space at the Great Northern Way Campus.  An industrial space where all the local universities have some space as well.   An interesting area of town we don't get to much so got some different views.  I'll have to get down here again and take some photos of the area.

And a special thanks to Don, who sent me the link to this exhibit.




 The old CPR Princess Patricia.  Occasionally they would put this on the CPR run from Vancouver to Nanaimo.  I remember being on it going to Gabriola with my parents and there was a huge storm.  The ship seemed like it would roll over completely.  People sick all over the place.  I always remember my Dad trying to help us be less afraid by saying that it was good we were on this ship as it was meant to be on the ocean rather than the usual ferries.  It helped but it was still pretty frightening.


 Looks like he lived in the Westend too.  View from his room on Harwood.