Tuesday, February 03, 2009

On desert time....

Well, you get pretty lazy pretty quickly around here but we're pretty organized now and have in the essentials. Big disaster yesterday when a pitcher I used to mix the martinis had a leak...good thing gin is cheap around here. Been enjoying our $3 Trader Joe's wine from Chile and other great things like cashew peanut butter. Always such fun shopping at Joe's.

The heat, hot tub, and swimming is helping my various ailments but I don't think I'll golf this week. Jim's out golfing at the moment. Taquitz Creek has a great special at the moment...$19 twilight after 3pm which include an electric cart of course. He hasn't played for a while so 12 holes or so will be a great way to start.

Other than the south of France this is the first place I've been able to set up my painting and actually have decent light. Maybe I'll capture these mountains with my experiment with watercolours this time...one can always hope.

On the downside I left my new iPod on the plane. Alaska Airlines has a great system for "left on board" and has been in lots of contact about it but I'm losing hope. Ah well...a lot worse things can happen.


View from the parking lot at Vons


View from the condo.


Another view from the condo.


My little studio drenched in light!