Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Great times minus one important thing...

We had a great day today and so glad the weather is now completely cooperating for Elaine's visit. Of course the missing ingredient is our darling Don who is usually with us when we travel with Elaine. We are all missing you very much, sweetheart, but we know you are getting tremendous pleasure that Elaine is having a super time.

Since we are in full battle with enticing photos I'm not going to post Don's latest photo of his stew after he stirred it (even for me who doesn't like stew I would have to admit it looked good!)


The three of us at the Elephant Bar.



Macademia nut encrusted fish and chips. This is one of my favourites that Elaine and I split along with my Vietnamese Shrimp Salad Rolls...yum.



This is something I discovered the last time we played golf and ate at the Elephant Bar...absolutely delicious soup and sushi. Jim ordered it this time and he may never order anything else again if he can remember the name..."Tempura salmon roll and Pan Asian Soup with Teriyaki chicken skewer".



Last week we had a slice of this wonderful Banana Cream pie at Marie Callender's. Before this I really wondered what all the fuss was about pie in the US. The crust is like Fern's home-made...no kidding. You can buy a whole pie (lots of varieties) to go for $6.95 and that is six big servings. I would be proud to serve this to guests at home...as good as anything Pure Vanilla has.



These chocolate muffins were also at Marie's. I guess they're someone's idea of heaven but we all felt revolted.



This is more our idea of what is great for breakfast...fresh grapefruit off a tree in our development. Don, remember those fabulous grapefruit we bought when we went to Anza-Borrega Park when we were in San Diego together that year? That was a year that had more rain than usual and the wildflowers were fabulous. I wasn't into taking photos then but you were and you and Elaine gave us this great little album of super photos of those desert flowers and our time in San Diego. I think this is going to be that kind of year too with all the rain they've had. There is a silver lining.



Elaine gave me these wonderful sunflower that go perfectly with the colour scheme in our condo.



Elaine reading after a tough day poolside, golf, and dining.