Monday, February 07, 2022

From the blog of Seth Godin

On newspapers...I always like to give newspapers a plug. "It doesn’t talk back. It doesn’t beep or update or invite a click. It doesn’t change based on who’s consuming it. It doesn’t interrupt you, and it begs to not be interrupted. It’s rarer than ever before, and sometimes, we need it." We always tried to get a print newspaper when we were travelling. It's just the way we like to start the day. I know print newspapers are struggling in most parts of the world but it seems in India they are thriving. I found this article quite interesting: https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2017/05/despite-the-decline-of-printed-papers-theres-one-place-that-is-bucking-the-trend I started reading The Vancouver Sun when I was a kid and continue to read it now we're back in Vancouver.