Thursday, February 10, 2022

Fairmont Waterfront Hotel

An ad came up for this hotel and reminded me the time I stayed there and really caught a break. I went with some other women from Cedar Hill School in Victoria during the January semester break. We had booked dinner in their fancy restaurant. We had a late lunch since we were doing so much shopping and we were very hungry so ended up having lunch at an Italian restaurant on Robson. The portions were very large and since we were all very hungry we ate heartily. So,we didn't use our reservations at the restaurant that had a big mushroom special on. My friend, Elaine, and I, loved mushrooms and always ordered them if on the menu.This was a special dish the chef made. It seemed he preserved these mushrooms himself and guests got very sick with botulism. No one died but some guests were sick for months and had long term affects. We got lucky that night!