Wednesday, March 03, 2021

Brock House Tuesday Morning Lecture yesterday

I found the talk John Steil gave very interesting. He does a lot of things in his life and has a fascinating studio in Rail Town. When things settle down it would be fun to visit. He loves crows...well, you either hate them or love them. I admire the  intelligence of crows but hate the noise. Thankfully we don't have many around here.

He has begun writing haiku and that seems to be something many people are doing these days. Maybe I'll start myself. I see he doesn't follow the rules in term of syllables but does do three lines. Maybe I'll do it that way too. After all, if Humpty Dumpty "can make a word mean exactly what he wants it to" according to Lewis Carroll, then I can take liberties with haiku. 




He has put a lot of his haiku on these red badges and posted them around town.