Sunday, February 28, 2021

Notre Dame...mon amour




 I really never wanted to do another trans Atlantic flight but the pandemic lockdown is giving us itchy feet so we just might go to the Aldous Huxley Symposium in Marseille in October if it goes ahead. It was supposed to take place October 2020. The organizers say it's too early to make the decision to go ahead. April 2022 might be more realistic. Everyone attending the conference will have to be vaccinated.  I guess this will be the case with many large events in the future.

We would fly into Marseille and do our favourite haunts in the south of France...Sanary, Bandol, and Carqueiranne. I always thought I couldn't go to France without going to Paris but I couldn't bear to see my favourite building in the world, Notre Dame, undergoing repairs which won't be finished until 2024 and maybe even not by then. Well, I've been to Paris 12 times and spent a total of around 6 months there and it's runined by tourists these days anyway.

Well, we will get lots of pleasure thinking about having moules-frites washed down with the wonderful rosé of Bandol sitting at a terasse overlooking the Mediterranean.