Monday, January 01, 2018

From the Pacific to the Atlantic....

We made preparations for swimming yesterday....oh no,  not the Polar Bear Swim....we're haven't gone completely barmy!  We put our beach chairs in the trunk since we'll be driving to the beach now and we needed space in the closet for the Christmas tree when we take down our decorations on Jan 6.  This will be another "one minute" Christmas tree....love it!

We drove down to Spanish Banks yesterday and went for a walk and figuring around the West Spanish Banks concession will be a good place to go for a swim in the summer.  We're thinking taking a picnic (or at least wine) will be a good idea since we have the car.  Also,  fish and chips at the concession will make an even easier dinner. The fish and chips are pretty good and the fish is local.   I see they have a salmon burger as well now which I look forward to trying.

Now to the Atlantic.  We had lobster for dinner last night.  Jim also added a steak to his dinner.  Safeway had a great deal on them for New Year's. I paid half what I paid for lobster on a special deal Jensen's had when we were in Palm Springs.

For some reason, here, they never offer to clean and crack lobsters.  I lucked into one female so enjoyed the eggs....yum.  Obviously,  that lobster had my name on it!

Jim doesn't like to work too hard with these things so I helped him by getting the tail ready to eat and cracking the claws.  I strongly believe it tastes better when you do it all yourself but...