Saturday, September 05, 2015

A beautiful morning...

We have recently learned that Stan and Nicki will be in Palm Springs for November and Susan and Dick will be in PS for December.  They lucked into getting the place they had two years ago in Canyon Sands.  And Richard and Grace will be coming around Christmas.  It will be great having them all down there!

Also,  Roger and Kerry will be in Vancouver for a week in October before we leave.  Roger,  along with over 10,000 obstetricians will be invading our city for their international conference.

Fall seemed to have arrived from one day to the next and even on my cat calendar!


And I got a laugh out of Friday's quote on the cat calendar:
"I have never married because there was no need.  I have three pets at home which answer the same purpose as a husband.  I have a dog that growls every morning,  a parrot which swears all afternoon,  and a cat that comes home late at night."  - Marie Corelli

Leaves are turning already…mainly because of the drought.



This grass in front of our place was completely brown a week ago.  Along with the greening up come the geese.



Second Beach pool closes after Labour Day.  I got my last outdoor swim yesterday morning.   It was coolish so there was only one other person in the pool when I arrived.  That will be my last swim there this year.  Jim thinks he might get into the ocean today but I think I'll be giving that a pass.  Soon,  the slide at English Bay will be gone and then it will definitely be the end of summer!


We are always amazed at what people leave in the "free room" in our apartment.  We snagged this recliner yesterday.  I've been wanting a chair in the master bedroom but finding something comfortable yet smallish was a challenge.  This fits the bill perfectly.