Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Dick and Susan come for dinner last night

Another day in paradise…ocean swim,  good friends for dinner and lots of engaging conversation.  They may get down to Palm Springs for Dec and Jan which would be great.  So,  start getting that organized,  Guys!   And of course,  as usual these days,  I didn't take any photos so will brighten up this blog post with ones I found on the Internet…




I bought a whole Fraser River Sockeye from The Daily Catch on Davie.  It's just great to have this seafood store close by….something I was really missing.  These were selling for $20 on the boats at Steveston.  The Daily Catch was charging $25 but for that they cleaned, filleted,  and vacuum packed.  There were 8 fillets so had them wrap up 4 fresh and vacuum pack the rest individually.  I thought this was one heck of a deal!

And the salmon was fabulous if I do say so myself.  I baked it and kept the recipe simple to keep the flavour of the fish.  I spread a bit of dijon mustard on the fillets,  then a bit of lemon pepper and smoked paprika,  and lastly drizzled a bit of olive oil over them.  Baked at 400F for 15 minutes.

Kin's Market is close by The Daily Catch and picked up Chilliwack corn…pretty good but still haven't found anything to match Victoria's Silver Rill.  I am very impressed with the quality and price point of produce at Kin's and really looking forward to them opening on Denman.