Monday, June 06, 2005

Paintings

I'll spend the next few posts uploading the 22 paintings I did while in Carqueiranne.
All are 11 x 14 acrylic on paper....easy to carry and fit into my standard frames and mats so I can interchange them.

I hesitated to paint tulips since it doesn't quite seem like the south of France but our little village and area is famous for its tulips and they are really wonderful. We passed these spectacular fields of tulips every day in Feb and most of March.


Tulip fields in Carqueiranne.


Then after the tulips these fabulous fields of poppies were everywhere!






We have been in the south of France when the lavender was out but not this time...I still felt I had to do something with lavender since I am constantly reminded of it everywhere in France with various products. Turned out a bit abstract but I rather like it.