Thursday, April 21, 2005

Brussels

I see Richard got some pictures up. I'll explain what they are when I get back to Carqueiranne. this will be a brief update with more details to come. We all had a super time in Paris and the Don and Elaine loved the city and all the things we did. Well....who can't fall in love with Paris? Jim found more reseach related stuff than he was counting on...same thing in Brussels so he's very pleased. I didn't quite know what to expect of Brussels but it's really quite neat. We're located in the 'lower town' where all the action is and close to the 'Grand Place' which is a fabulous square with wonderful architecture (guildhalls; city hall etc
I didn realize Belgium makes over 500 beers....we are enjoying various brews and neat old bars and cafes. The first night we ended up in a seafood restaurant area and had a wonderful lobster dinner...later found out the lobster was from Canada....can't find the exclamation mark...;yet another keyboard.