Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Snow in Carquieranne!

Everyone here was very excited about having anbout an inch of snow here...university students asked to be let out of their classes so they could touch the snow! The sun does continue to shine most of the time and we are very cozy with our fireplace burning our grape vines and olive branches.

Have done two paintings No hesitation about what to paint first...it had to be this wonderful villa we're in. I've painted it with the shutters open and seeing into the interior. An orange cat is in the top window (neighbourhood cat who visits), in the living room the chairs we pull over to the window to sit in the sun having our drinks...like a sunroom. You can also see a Matisse print that's on the wall and that we enjoy a lot. In the dining room my travelling easel (thanks to Fern's mother)...this is where I paint...by the window basking in this wonderfull provencale sun.

I have included the pool and the arbour in bloom and the ocean with the sailboats I painted as my first painting the last time we were here. And of course the second painting had to be these wonderful mimosas that are everywhere in bloom here at tis time of year.

I have collected 5 different pastis that we can't get in Canada but it seems I have a long way to go. I read about a place in Marseille that is dedicated to pastis and absinthe and related products. They have 70 brands including 3 of their ozn on tap. You can taste and eat tapas. Don, do you think we should go there when you come?