Friday, February 25, 2005

No email today!

Shaw seems to be down for webmail...what a pain when I don't have access at home!

Continues to be cool and sunny here. We've been using the fireplace and the olive wood burns so well...like coal really. They have a big brick bar b q outside so it will be great fuel for that. So much sun comes in during the day you rarely need heat. Very well designed because they have an arbour all along these windows so when that blooms there will be welcome shade. It great to use natural ways of controlling temp even though I would never give up the possibility of AC.

The house of our friends in Mexico was also very well designed for the continuous heat they get...around an indoor courtyard with no external windows and designed so cooling drafts prevailed throughout.

We walked down to the port yesterday...just 5 min from our house. Village even closer. Market day yesterday and the fellow I buy these wonderful roasted chickens from with all this garlic and herbes de provence in recognized me. I am a faithful customer when I'm here. Just wandered mainly this time...so much for the eye...will get into serious buying next Thurs morning.

We also joined the Carqueiranne library again...they are automated now but glad we experience the old system...very quaint. Got some mags on Provence and some CD's.
They're getting DVD's next week but seems like it's too much of a hassle to change our system. We' ve been enjoying Season 1 of '24' that we brought. Richard also lent us a number of movies so that should keep us going.

Will see if I can access this wretched email. I must learn how to get on Camosun so I have a back up. Jim's getting our train tickets for Paris and Brussels at the moment so ot here. Fot people emailing, a good idea is to email both of us because I often don't have access...Jim's is 'sexton@camosun.bc.ca'