Friday, August 01, 2003

My friend, Carole, gave me a wooden cube and I had this idea of using it as a planter stand for an olive tree. Apparently Le Coteau farms has these in the Spring and it should grow on my sunny deck. Then I had the idea to have some lavender in the meantime. So, I did four designs (one for each side) with lavender, olive trees, and other Provence type things. The lavender gave me a lot of trouble trying to get something I was pleased with so just let loose...figured anything would be better than what I initially came up with. I liked what I did in the end but except for the first one the purple came out as blue when I scanned them. So, did some hue adjustments with my scaning software but they didn't come out all that well. You'll get the idea at least.


Lavender and sunflowers


Lavender and olive trees


Lavender, olive trees, and cypress


Lavender and poppies
* Colours especially weird in this one...very different from the original.