Saturday, January 13, 2018

The "wobbly house" at MIT

We watched the Frank Gehry last night and I was reminded that I saw this building at MIT.  I had an idea that I had seen something else of Gehry.  I made a special trip out while Jim was doing research at Harvard.  When I was looking at it, someone on campus commented to me that they referred to it as "the wobbly house".




https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ray_and_Maria_Stata_Center

And that reminded me of this very cool sculpture and working "bells" on the subway line out to MIT. It was a very fun day!  I can't seem to download a photo but you can see the installation here.

http://www.paulmatisse.com/kendall-band/

On another day I also really enjoyed walking around Harvard University grounds and even tagged along with a group of parents of future students who were being given a tour.  All, unfortunately, before the days of my blog.  I guess we did that trip in the late 90's.  Jim, of course,  was slaving away in the library while I was having all the fun...