Friday, February 17, 2017

The Purple Room

I pass this room on my way to radiation and have admired it.   This is where I wait now to get treatment from a nurse for my radiation burns.  It's not a lot of fun adding more time to the whole procedure but it's almost over and I know how to do the treatment myself now and have all the materials.   My radiation oncologist is totally ok with me going to PS and told me to email her with a photo and any concerns.  It's nice to have that insurance and I hope I'll just be taking photos of palm trees and my San Jacinto Mountains!

But,  back to the "Purple Room".   It has very cool murals and to top it off today,  the therapy dog (Bobo)  and owner made a visit!   You'll see from the photo that the dog is in motion.  Bobo is 17 years old but acts like a puppy,   It was fun to pet him and the owner has sanitizer you use afterwards.






I look forward to getting to the Purple Room in Palm Springs!   We had a super evening there one night with Susan and Chris.  Hey,  guys,  we'll have to go there again where you're in PS in April!


One of the performing haunts of the Rat Pack back in the day.


https://www.purpleroompalmsprings.com

And another nice treat was meeting Maureen at The Sylvia.  It was a wonderful warm sunny day today.   Maureen commented it was the first time in a while we were not burdened with umbrellas and raincoats.  I wondered why it was so busy.  Maureen reminded me it was Friday.  Ah...you forget what Friday means when you're retired!

I'll be missing The Sylvia and my "Happy Hours" with Maureen.



The old bar area where we head to.



But one day I think we must sit up at the new fancy bar they put in last year.