Friday, February 03, 2017

Still snowing....

I was glad to have Jim to hang onto but the roads were pretty good but a bit slippery in places.  Glad I'm not driving later this afternoon.   I was a little worried about getting out the driveway but of course they had it completely cleared and a manager was putting more salt down when we arrived home.

Jim tells  me he bought these boots about 20 years ago in Victoria.  He bought two pairs because they were so cheap.  I don't remember wearing them but apparently I did.  They did the trick today and I'll feel confident walking in the snow now.

We lucked into the Chinese New Year's Lion Dance when we emerged from the City Square parking...great fun for everyone!




It's just so great sitting here looking at the snow falling.   I kind of feel like Jim's students one year when he was teaching in the South of France.  Very unusually it snowed and they asked him if they could go out in it since most had never seen snow before.  He let them,  of course.

All photos taken from the apartment.






I don't think my little palm tree will survive but the cacti seem to be doing ok.



You can see Lost Lagoon in the next three photos.






These seagulls on the roof blend right in.



There is a crow in the photo....can you see it?