Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Happy Valentine's Day!

This is part of a letter I wrote to my parents and gave them on our wedding day.  In early December,  1995, my father was admitted to hospital for congestive heart failure.  I came in from Victoria to visit him and he showed me the letter I had written and commented,  "It's quite the letter.".  He had asked my mother to bring it in to the hospital.   It was very crease worn from countless readings.  I had no idea they had kept it and had forgotten what I had written.  I made a copy that day and so glad I did as the original got lost in the shuffle.  A week later,  he had a massive stroke and never regained consciousness and died on December 18.  He was 86.








 *  I see I have two page 3's.  It was a 8 page letter.  The help was $500 which was a lot of money for them and for us. 

 I've never bought a stock but I did win the lottery twice....first with Jim as a husband and second with Richard as a son.   

Roses from my Valentine...