Thursday, February 02, 2017

Another good week so far....

I'm still feeling pretty good...a little more tired than normal but a good excuse for an afternoon nap!

On Monday I introduced Carol to the famous Cactus Club lettuce wrap....she was duly impressed.  The portion size at the one on Broadway and Ash was considerably smaller than the one Jim and I share at the English Bay location.  

I went into Michel's yesterday and bought a mini glue gun...everyone seems to have one.  I forgot to buy glue.  Susan,  next week when we have lunch,  perhaps we could go into Michel's and you could introduce me to the wonders of all these art supplies you have.   Maybe we'll make a change and go to this restaurant almost next to it.  They have lunch specials and I loved the sign.



I guess "Lived Lobster"  and "Lived Crab" does mean "live" although it is open to interpretation.   The Chinese are really into "live".  When I was with a teachers' group on a trip to Hong Kong and Thailand,  I ordered something on the menu in Hong Kong that sounded like a very special shrimp dish but the English translation was a little confusing.  Well,  what was special about it and what my table mates weren't too keen about is that they brought a bowl of live shrimp and proceeded  to cook them at the table in boiling water.   They were excellent!