Thursday, January 14, 2016

Tacos, books, pasta....quite a day!

Recently we watched a very good movie on Netflix "Buan Dia,  Ramon" and Jim got inspired to make tacos....yum....the beginning of a tradition I hope.




Then my Canyon Sands Bookclub in the afternoon.  Always lots of fun.  We talked about our reading resolutions and what we were beginning the New Year with in terms of reading.

Reading resolutions:  

My resolutions are to re-read some classics and read more non-fiction.  For non-fiction I begin with a book on hummingbirds.   Since the Friends of the PS Library are reading Virginia Woolf’s “Mrs. Dalloway” (which I loved many years ago) this month,  that seemed a good place to begin.  And I also will read at least some of Henry James’  “The Ambassadors” which I found a tremendous slog.   So far,  I like Dalloway less and the Ambassadors more.


A Christmas tradition for us is for my husband (who loves buying second hand books) to find titles of authors I read but whose works I haven’t read and to find new authors that I might like.  I  usually begin my reading in the new year by starting with some of these.  Two that particularly intrigue me are Jan Karon’s “At Home in Mitford”  and Peter Pezzelli’s “Italian Lessons”.

And then Pasta Night at the Dolly Sinatra Lodge with Brian & Susan and Nicki and Stan.  Always a great time and great food.  So,  Jim got pasta and refried beans in the same day....he must have thought he was in heaven....