Thursday, January 14, 2016

My latest painting

I knew I wanted some black cactus and/or succulents to anchor it and rather wanted to incorporate the cactus and aloe vera plant and perhaps the rock cairns that are in our garden.  I left the painting for quite a while but couldn't really come up with a way of doing that.  It needed something less busy and more stylized....so this is the result.

"Desert"
9 x 12
Acrylic on canvas
Jan/16



You can see the cactus,  aloe vera plant,  and rock cairn in this photo.




I think these all work rather well if I do say so myself!




Now,  to do something Mid-Century Modern....rooflines,  I think..  I'm working backwards with this one in a sense because I know what the black anchor will be....the arches of this wonderful building that we are constantly passing....the Chase Bank.  We'll see if working backwards will work.  Susan is working upside down at the moment :)

What is now Chase Bank at Ramon Road was originally built as Coachella Valley Savings and Loan in 1961 designed by E. Stewart Williams.