Wednesday, September 16, 2015

A very moving post on Facebook by Louise Penny

An absolutely gorgeous late summer day here in southern Quebec. Garden in full bloom still. Had some much-needed rain. And the writing is going well. It often does, until it suddenly doesn't. It's the oddest thing. I will hit a section where I don't know what should happen next. I know two or three scenes along, but how to get there? And, even better, so that it makes sense.... But right now all is well. Michael did something he's never done before, and in a good way. This morning when I was getting him dressed, and buttoning his shirt, he slowly reached out and started buttoning my sweater. He couldn't do it, or course, but he was trying, with a look of great intensity. He clearly wanted to take care of me, as I was taking care of him. It was one of the most moving moments of my life. Dear man.