Thursday, July 24, 2014

Canada Geese...

Always after a good rain the Canada Geese come to our lawn in front to feed…today, pretty much all day.  They go back to Lost Lagoon which isn't really very far but they seem to like to walk rather than fly….saves energy, I guess, and also probably a bit difficult because of the trees.   We often see them crossing the road and sometimes they take the crosswalk but today they weren't quite in the crosswalk but in an area where they could still see the traffic.  Quite  a lot of them went across while I happened to be on the balcony and I figured I'd missed them but got my camera anyway.

Then I saw one walking back across the road…what's up with that?  Then I saw there were a about 15 more geese who hadn't crossed the road and were obviously nervous about it.  Finally they began,  no doubt because of this one who came back for them.  As they were crossing, one started to turn back and this goose  herded it over the road!  No turning back. All quite fascinating.

The photos don't quite show the whole spectacle.