Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Burger King Whopper Jr.

I sometimes pick up 3 of these at a total cost of 5 bucks for lunch if I'm at the Denman Mall. It's cheap and easy and tasty.   I have one and Jim has 2.  I've felt it isn't such a bad choice because it doesn't seem overloaded with fat and does have onion, lettuce, and tomato.  Actually it comes in better that I would have thought.

Burger King Whopper Jr. Sandwich is a fast food item that has:
  • 340 calories, which is less than the average for all fast food menu items.
  • 28g of carbohydrates, which is less than the average for all fast food menu items.
  • 510mg of sodium, which is less than the average for all fast food menu items.

I've often commented on how I can really understand why poor people in the US gravitate to fast food because fruits and vegetables seem particularly high priced there in comparison to the cheap and wide variety of fast food.  MacDonald's often has this promotion of 4 cheeseburgers and 4 sides of fries for 5 dollars.   Yep,  pretty hard for some families to resist.