Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Another electronic first...

I deposited a cheque today via Vancity's mobile app…cool!  About the only time I need to go to the physical bank is to cash a cheque so now even fewer trips to the bank.  Stephen Leacock would be pleased!

I see the NFB film  animation of Leacock's "My Financial Career" is on YouTube.  I used to show this to students but funnily enough I don't remember it being in colour.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IV6xT00ZZ4

How it works

  1. Tap the DEPOSIT icon in the Vancity mobile app
  2. Select an account to deposit the cheque into
  3. Photograph the cheque on both sides
  4. Confirm the deposit details and tap “confirm”.
Once you tap confirm, the cheque is immediately submitted for processing and the
funds will appear in your account*.