Saturday, March 26, 2022

I love everything Granville Island

From Mark Art Prosser Happy Monday. New Art! 'Granville Island Public Market' Under the south end of the Granville Street Bridge this peninsula that used to be an industrial manufacturing area is so unique. I love seeing old posts about how it used to look like and hows it been transformed into what it is today while keeping so much of its original form. False Creek in the late 19th century was twice today's size, and its tidal flats included a permanent sandbar over which spanned the original, rickety, wooden Granville Street bridge. This sandbar is what would eventually become Granville Island. When i first moved to Van and things were tough it was a new oasis unlike anything i ever saw. I bought my art supplies at Opus and would walk past Emily car dreaming my dream then off to the public market to treat myself to fresh seafood once a month. It has alot of special meaning as it was my sanctuary. Acrylic and Fluorescents, on canvas. Prints on my site prosserart.com Hope u like enjoy the feeling of this one as its a big part of my heart, could be my new favorite. Cheers.