Monday, March 21, 2022

Ah....oysters on the half-shell

They were probably one of my favourite foods especially in the south of France in a seaside restauarant on the Mediterranean. Then I got sick from eating them. It took me quite a while to eat one again but got over it. I think it was the south of France when I tried one again...the sunshine, rose wine, and sitting in a restaurant which officially qualified as "les pied dans l"eau" (feet in the water). "Seaside" could mean you were quite a long way from the "sea". They really do need to be opened at the table by a server and for me they are best without anything other than the nectar they come with naturally. Best without a squirt of lemon. Eating anything raw isn't recommended for folks my age so probably have had my last. And if I'm tempted I only have to bring up memories of getting so sick. But...never say never but will probably stick with fish and chips.