Monday, August 16, 2021

From: Scotland Now....whales.

I had no idea whales were off the east coast of Skye when we were there. We loved Skye and even our room in Portree which was on a slope. I actually rolled out of bed a couple of times before I changed position with Jim. 

A Scot has captured some incredible shots of a humpback whale swimming close to the Isle of Rona off the east coast of Skye

Cath Bain, 39, was visiting family on Skye when she decided to take a boat trip out from Portree earlier this month.




"After waiting for about 20 to 30 mins we didn't see it, so we were carrying on with the trip when I spotted a massive blow from a Whale and when we went to investigate we found the Humpback."

She was then able to capture some spectacular shots of the whale, which was IDed thanks to fellow whale expert Lyndsay Mcneill as a male called Barney (SCUK046BARNEY), as it happily surfaced not far from the boat. 

Cath, from Lossiemouth, added: "I was very excited to get such good photos. I've only had such a good camera since February so I'm very much still learning."

Remarkably, the wildlife enthusiast added that it was even more exciting to see one swimming free as she's more used to dealing with ones that need rescued.