Thursday, August 27, 2020

Black Lives Matter

We've been enjoying watching baseball and were looking forward to the game this afternoon but tuned in to learn that all major league hockey, baseball, and basketball games were postposed. I totally support what they are doing and really hope it is just the beginning of major league sports' players using  their influence to do something about racism.

Good on them all for this beginning but it is only the beginning. Big things need to happen now and I believe major league players can make a big difference.

It's Jackie Robinson Day tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how they celebrate that. It's pretty perfect timing. I collected Dodger cards and I remember my father telling me that Jackie Robinson was the first black player in the major leagues and was barred from playing for many years because he was black. I remember being very confused by that.