Monday, April 30, 2018

Point Grey Lawn Bowling Open House

Donna joined us so now she knows what lawn bowling is all about!  It's a wonderful setting although the dull weather yesterday doesn't quite do it justice.  My grandmother,  Phoebe Fleming, was a member and a very keen player.  They even seem to have a tournament named after her.  I'm sure there would be photos but they had a fire in the clubhouse and lost a lot of their history.

Lawn bowling doesn't agree with my back but I joined as a social member and Jim will be a player.  He quite enjoys it...reminds him of bocce in the south of France, I think.  It's just minutes to drive there.



Jim was very pleased with some of his shots.



Then we went to our "local", the University Golf Club for their happy hour wings and a pint.  We were seated with a view of this wonderful tree and my photo caught the crow just as he left.



A great deal at $6....9 wings and a bowl of fries and you can substitute salad which I did.  I did steal a few fries from Jim and gave him some of my very copious salad.  All 19 oz draft pints are on for $5.64.  Even the best happy hour in Palm Springs doesn't give us this kind of a deal