Sunday, April 29, 2018

Dick and Susan come for dinner

We had a great time last night with lots of laughs especially at Jim's latest retirement plans of being a TOC at West Point Grey Academy...the private secondary school where Justin Trudeau taught.  I made ribs and Caesar salad and I got this great bread at Safeway.  I forgot to take photos so I will explain the menu.


Now,  I usually make my own Caesar dressing but since our local Safeway is closing soon they don't have all the usual products and I couldn't get anchovy paste.  I decided to give this dressing a try and it was very good.  I'm not sure I'll make scratch dressing in future.  For the ribs I usually use Bullseye Smoke House but this wasn't available so I substituted this Kraft product.  It worked just fine.




The tulips seem to be particularly good this year.




This bread was super.   It will be on my list and I really like it that you can get a demi baguette.

My rib recipe...dead easy and perfect for entertaining as no last minute fuss and the timing is flexible.  Just turn the oven down if you're not ready to eat.

1 full rack of back ribs
1 bottle Bullseye Smoke House or Kraft Hickory Bar-b-q sauce.
I large onion sliced.

Cut the rack into pieces at each bone.  In a roasting pan with lid, mix up the ribs,  sauce and onions.
Cook at 350 F for 2 1/2 - 3 hours.  I usually turn the heat down to 325 after an hour.

*Note
For whatever reason,  a "granite ware" roasting pan works best.