Sunday, September 04, 2016

The feeling of Autumn

The other day I commented to a young woman in the elevator that looks like she just missed the rain  and her reply was "Tod bad...I was really looking forward to it!".  Carol sent me a note today saying how she enjoys summer but loves the cosy of Autumn,  rain,  and cooler days.  As much as I love warm sunny weather I also enjoy the crispness of cooler days,  the leaves turning,  and usually new beginnings that come with Autumn.  Even though it meant "back to school"  I always began with lots of new ideas and projects and full of optimism for the coming year.  Well,  some worked,  some didn't and the daily grind of a challenging job didn't make for a lot of easy carefree days.  But it was a good career all the less,  even though myself and none of my teacher friends don't seem to miss it in the least!

I really look forward to seeing the leaves turn with all the deciduous trees  in front of our place but not much happening yet.  Here's some photos I picked up on an image search.   I'm sure I will soon have lots of my own!