Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Cactus Film Fest


FIRST ANNUAL CACTUS FILM FEST 2015

JANUARY 1 - JANUARY 15


Jim and I were going to get some tickets to the Palm Springs Film Festival today but after learning that one of the big hits "Ida" was actually on Netflix and really wondering what to go see we decided we'll try out stuff on Netflix especially foreign films and search around on YouTube.   Some I mention may only be on US Netflix since that's what we're getting right now.

So,  I invite my blog readers and folks on Facebook to post or send me an email about suggestions that I will share on my blog.

Looking forward to your suggestions!

Here are a few on Netflix that we've watched and enjoyed:

Dicte, , Cafe de flore, Violette,
Women on the 6th floor, The French Ministe,
Broadchurch, ,Last Tango in Halifax, In the Loop,
Black Mirror

And some that Netflix thinks I will like:

Two Lives
(Zwei Leben)
2012 NR 1hr 39m
As the European communist bloc is collapsing, Katrine's quiet life in Norway is interrupted by questions about her early years in East Germany.

L'Auberge Espagnole
2002 R 2hr 2m
When a Frenchman signs on to become an exchange student in Spain so he can land a coveted job, his new roommates help him discover how to enjoy life.

Remembrance
(Die verlorene Zeit)
A married woman faces an emotional crisis when she learns that the former lover who rescued her from a concentration camp 30 years earlier is alive.